Posted: Sunday, November 16th, 2014
November 20, 7:30pm
Many dedicated and conscientious Christians invest thousands of hours over the course of their lives reading, studying, and discussing the Bible, but relatively few have anything approaching an informed and thoughtful philosophy of the Bible. In this presentation, Jefrey Breshears explores issues of vital interest and concern to Christians and non-Christians alike regarding the Bible, including…
- What is the Bible? If asked to define the Bible without using the familiar cliche, “The Bible is the Word of God,” what would you say?
- Does the Bible present a coherent, consistent and comprehensive worldview and philosophy of life?
- Is there a qualitative difference between the kind of inspiration that we encounter in the Bible and that which motivates gifted writers, speakers, preachers, composers, and artists to produce their works?
- Why is it reasonable to believe that the Bible was divinely-inspired?
- What are the origins of the Bible, and how were the early manuscripts composed?
- Why were certain books included and excluded from the Bible?
- Why should we believe that the Bible has been accurately preserved and transmitted through the centuries?
Posted: Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
RECENT CHALLENGES TO RELIGIOUS LIBERTY IN AMERICA
Senior Director of Leadership Development
Alliance Defending Freedom
October 16 • 7:30 PM
America is under assault by powerful coalitions of politicians, journalists, educators, lawyers, and business and civic leaders that are committed to radically transforming our society and culture by pushing a secular humanistic social and political agenda.
Posted: Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
IN BIBLICAL ARCHAEOLOGY
A Special Presentation by
Teaching Director, CrossExamined.org
September 18 • 7:30 PM
Posted: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
This event has SOLD OUT!
No walkup admission will be available
Has science disproved God?
Or do new scientific discoveries actually
provide compelling support for faith?
Find out on Sunday, April 6th at this special event featuring:
Posted: Friday, December 27th, 2013
What If Christianity Is True?
What Are the Implications?
|What would we have to believe, and how would we need to arrange our lives and our priorities…
- If atheistic materialism were true?
- If secular humanism were true?
- If pantheism or New Age spirituality were true? or…
- If Christianity were true?
Join us as we welcome Dr. Mary Poplin for the global launch of her new book, Is Reality Secular?
JANUARY 16th • 7:30 PM
Mary Poplin has lived a fascinating life and has a compelling testimony regarding the life-transforming power of Jesus Christ. From her life as a radical liberal feminist to her experience working with Mother Teresa in Calcutta, Mary understands that our worldview and what we believe about ultimate reality determines our values, our priorities, and how we live our lives.
Dr. Poplin is currently a Professor of Education at Claremont Graduate University, and the Director of the Institute for Education in Transformation.
Posted: Monday, September 30th, 2013
Posted: Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
October 3rd – 7PM
Perimeter Church - Fellowship Hall
Posted: Monday, August 26th, 2013
A PDF poster for this event is available here.
Posted: Tuesday, May 7th, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 7:30pm
Perimeter Church, Fellowship Hall
Posted: Sunday, April 7th, 2013
A Prophet for Our Time
His Life and Legacy
A PRESENTATION BY
Donald Williams, Ph.D.
Professor of English, Toccoa Falls College and author of
Mere Humanity: G. K. Chesterton, C. S. Lewis,
and J. R. R. Tolkien on the Human Condition (2006),
and other books on Christian life and literature.
APRIL 18th • 7:30 PM